Monday 27 February 2017

Scald Rougish - Idioal Oifrmech


What can I say about Idioal Oifrmech? That question has been plaguing me for the last few weeks. Now I play it again...to try and 'understand'. Understand what? Shouldn't music be easier? It should not be hard work...

...but this album is not hard work...

...unless you choose to write about it, which I did, or rather knew I would as soon as it arrived...

...by now your finger is poised to click the mouse, to get away from my...confused musings...perhaps because you expected a review, a normal review (which suggests you are not a regular reader of Include Me Out). Still...

...something...disturbing...is coming out of my speakers...not just coming out but writhing inside them and erupting...escaping a kind of hell on my hard drive...the track is Id¬“≤iøß–oal, the first on Side B...is that a cello being scraped in amongst the digital storm? Perhaps...

...I listen hard...

...listening hard is a requirement if Idioal Oifrmech is to mean anything...no, not 'mean'...if you are to gain anything....yes, 'gain'...there's a lot to gain...the attention to detail by Chris Douglas is astounding, as usual, although to say 'as usual' of anything he does is a great disservice to his art...

...I fear that no amount of well-chosen words can do this album justice...not from me, at least. To make matters worse, there are no sound clips available, rendering the usual reviewer's get-out clause of 'just listen for yourself' impossible. I suggest you find other examples of his sound art and decide for yourself whether you wish to invest in Idioal Oifrmech. Should you know his work, you will probably do so anyway. It's on the Ge-Stell label. I can say no more. This music speaks louder than words...


1 comment:

  1. There are now some sound samples here.
    Thanks again Robin!
    https://soundcloud.com/ge-stell/sets/scald-rougish-idioal-oifrmech-ge-stell-07

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...