Wednesday 28 October 2015

Hello, Good To See You!



Oh, it's you! Come in. Wanna drink? Tea? Coffee? OK. What? Yeah, it's Vom Grill, whoever he is, on PAN, it's called Knerpen! (bevel)


I'll turn it down a bit. Takes some getting into but I do like it...sounds like a prepared piano he's messing around with there...reminds me of the time LJ's piano got stuck on the stairs when we were moving. We tried sawing through the bannister, only to find it had a metal center so with her permission we smashed it to pieces...it was only a cheap old thing...got some great sounds from hitting the strings with a hammer...very avant-garde! John Cage would have approved. Anyway, yeah, this album's very different on the other side...sort of minimalist choral stuff and electronic bleeps...it's good...


...those? They're some prints I had done the other day. Thanks. I'm pleased with them...just got to finalise the borders, how big or small they should be...some people might want to get them framed. I'll be putting them online for sale soon...dunno how much I'll charge...not too much...I want the whole world to have access to my genius creations - ha-ha!...


Pretty good, that. After The Saucers Landed is a great title...Douglas Lain is something to do with Zero Books...publisher, I think...they put out some interesting stuff. It's sort of metafiction, I think...gets really confusing at one point, I didn't know who was who, which is partly the point because neither does the central character...a spin on the Bodysnatchers theme...lots of references to classic sci-fi film and Art...a couple of the characters are artists and teachers....at one point he references Ray Johnson, but the character just calls him 'Ray' when he tries to learn how to draw a rabbit in a bar...funny...I doubt many people will get who he's talking about but I like that, putting in obscure references...yeah, pretty good, well, I finished it and that's saying something. He just about keeps the drama moving between all the talk about identity. You can borrow it if you want...

...have you seen Has Anybody Seen My Gal? Oh, it's classic...Douglas Sirk...it's on YouTube... Piper Laurie and Rock Hudson...Charles Coburn plays a rich bloke who wants to give loads of money to the family of a girl he knew...unrequited love...anyway, it's pure feel good...funny thing is that in the trailer it's billed as a chirpy film, flappers, songs and fun in the 20s, but it actually challenges the cornerstone of American capitalism, you know, money is everything and the more you have the happier you'll be! The family aren't happy when they're rich. Actually, Mum turns into an evil cow who personifies what material greed can do to a person. Definitely worth watching.


...going? OK. Good to see you. Pop 'round again sometime...

2 comments:

  1. The prints look great. I'll be interested in your online sale...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...