Saturday 7 May 2016

Digital Art / Inner Space

The Faint Heart, RTomens, 206

More art over here

*

I stayed in today, having been out to buy bread and apples. I thought about going out again, this time further afield, which would have involved being out for hours, then decided against it...

...whilst in I thought about being in and concluded it was a good thing, most of the time, although having stayed in for most of the day I don't know that it did me any good. Perhaps being in lead to thinking that in here, in the room, was just the outer shell of inner space, that place we all inhabit tangentially whilst being physically outside our heads...

...I wondered, 'Was that a Ballardian thought?', not being sure what 'Ballardian' is, exactly, other than perhaps airports and shopping centres as signifiers of ....something profound about the human condition...I told you I wasn't sure. Isn't Inner Space a New Wave sci-fi phenomenon representing the shift in emphasis away from interplanetary tales to the cosmos in our heads? I think so...

...these thoughts lead me to conclude that whilst it's not good to spend too much time indoors, in your head, it has definite benefits, such as the avoidance of people who, to be honest, can be very annoying...people such as the woman in the cafe this morning who insisted on announcing to the world, via her 'phone, the arrangements for looking after a dog, in considerable detail. But that aside, I thought about the endless possibilities of Inner Space, most of which are, like the stars of Outer Space, unexplored. I thought about how I thought and where the idea came from, the ones I get looking at pictures, which I use to make new pictures...

...yes I made some art although, as is the way with this particular activity, not all the ideas were good ones. But yet I reminded myself that I had created images which were mine even though they could not be called 'totally original'. The art book collection in this room constantly reminds me that there's nothing new under the sun in that department...

...I'm often told that I 'live in my head' too much but I find it difficult to be elsewhere. Country walks are fine, but I'm not one for regular exercise, unless cycling to Work counts (I tell myself it does). Since junior school days I've spent more time in my head than was good for me - 'What did the teacher just ask me? I've no idea.'...

...but enough of this. I'm now going to get inside someone else's head in the form of a book...

TTFN

3 comments:

  1. I like these little glimpses inside your head. Not in a kinky way or anything, it's just that I can identify. They call me Mr. Introvert, whose mindscape is vaster than extroverts can imagine. And the "they" who call me Mr. Introvert? They live in my mind as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnily enough I don't consider myself to be an introvert, or extrovert; like most, somewhere in the middle and capable of being both, probably. I just don't get 'out' much, these days. ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha please excuse my late night goofy comment :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...