Tuesday 1 March 2016

French film / Agnès Varda & Jacques Demy / Funky Nassau


...and that includes not blogging
WRITING UPPER CASE
having another coffee
chocolate
yeah, what are you going to do about it?
...hanging right
you can't stop me!

...the film still's from Cléo from 5 to 7 by Agnès Varda, by the way. I recommend it. Michel Legrand plays a pianist in it. That's one good thing. He also wrote the score for a film by Agnès' husband, Jacques Demy, called Bay Of Angels, which is one of the greatest films ever made & that's official, not just my opinion. I may have mentioned it before but I'm doing so again because you can't stop me and besides, you probably weren't looking then, so here's the opening sequence...


...one of my favourite openings to a film, partly because we've been to Nice (although I loved it before that) the front of which that camera zooms along in it's dizzying backward fashion. As I said to a Work colleague today, I'd move to Nice tomorrow if I suddenly had loads of money. It has the lot: climate, art, sea & scenery - do you want more from a city? I don't. London Town, as The Beginning Of The End sang in Funky Nassau, is 'too doggone cold'...and soulless...and corporate...but hey, I'm going to warm myself up with that tune right now...TTFN...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...