Sunday 17 January 2016

Space Action / Driftmachine

Space Action
***

Original

......................in space you're bound to drift, it seems.
I imagine I would....the stars my destination!
I would drift because that's my nature, so rather than being at the controls (in control) of
a ship, I'd have no power...be at the mercy of the solar winds, if such things exist...........
                                                                                         Driftmachine's Eis Heauton EP (Umor Rex) 
sounds like a fitting soundtrack to my space drift.......futuristic, but with no specific intention to either thrill or completely sedate (as so much space-age ambient seems to want to do)......pulse beats undulate whilst off-world noises ebb and flow, on Das trunkene Schiff, most pleasingly, there's a sound akin to golden era sci-fi soundtracks............................sustained notes before they warp very slightly, bent by space and time.........
..................................as I write, actually, time seems to be acting strangely.....................
..................................time stre-e-e-tched...........................to the point where this music feels endless without becoming monotonous..................if you get my drift.............
   & I have to say it takes some skill, 
or thought... 
to compose music this 
engaging, which manages, somehow, 
to seduce as surely as space maidens snogging Cpt Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...