Monday 21 December 2015

Clash City Rocker Photographed & Scarred For Life





                               circa 1980........(no, that's not my car)..............................
                                                                                     the night I met the photographer
                                                                                     was a violent one. I was given a 
                                                                                     black eye & a cut lip.................
                                                                                     ..............it all kicked off when a
                                                                                     mob from London got nasty at a
                                                                                     gig in the sticks but before that a
                                                                                     young photographer said he'd like
                                                                                     to feature me in a photo shoot so
                                                                                     of course I said yes & we swapped
                                                                                     numbers......then the aggro started
                                                                                     & I saw my girlfriend, a nurse, out
                                                                                     the front of the building trying to
                                                                                     stem the flow of blood on the face
                                                                                     of a guy who had been glassed &
                                                                                     as I walked out someone to my left 
                                                                                     said something to get my attention,
                                                                                     I turned to see a large fist homing in
                                                                                     on my face then...slowly....fell back,
                                                                                     momentarily unconscious, during which
                                                                                     time, I was later told, he also kicked
                                                                                     me in the head.................................
                                                                                     later, two coppers by my hospital bed
                                                                                     asking if I wanted to press charges.....
                                                                                     but I didn't know what planet I was on
                                                                                     ....weeks later, the photo shoot in which,
                                                                                     it is clear, I was wearing a kind of post-
                                                                                     Clash City Rocker(billy) look, complete
                                                                                     with quiff & pleated trousers so the 
                                                                                     snapper thought I'd suit the vintage car...
                                all that remains are the contact sheets.........and a small scar above my lip....


                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...