Thursday 25 June 2015

SUITE TWOth


When is an album not an album? If no-one visits Include Me Out, does it exist? These and other critical questions will not be answered by me. Another critical question that went unanswered by me came from a woman yesterday in the charity shop who asked: "Is this dress too short for a funeral?" I wanted to say "It's too short for a woman of your age, luv" but didn't. It was almost a 'little black dress' but not quite - an inch above the knee. She wasn't asking me, of course, but I couldn't help looking. The woman she asked reassured her it was fine, as did another, but she was mad. I know this because she'd entered another charity shop wailing nonsense to anyone who would listen...

...so is this an album? Have a look at the 19F3 site and decide for yourself. It certainly is a collaboration between Kek and Rene Kita, that much I know. It's also better than anything else (new) that I've heard in a while...a long while, it seems...because we know that 'a long while' in electronic music is about 3 months. 6 months into 2015 and I don't have a Best Of nominee yet. I don't think...if I could remember...

...there are 15 tracks on the album-which-may-not-be-an-album (isn't the internet confusing enough?), some of which last for only 44 and 47 seconds...barely existing at all, you might say, but I'd rather the brevity on display than relatively lengthy boredom, wouldn't you? Kehruuing (47secs) contains infinitely more possibilities than a 4/9/20 minute thing - condensed, micro-mood music of thunder and rewind...

...these are sketches...of pain? Horjuttaadown packs enough wallop to rattle your brain, as befits our age of accelerated vision, it's a blur, a whirr of sounds...and like that black dress, it's almost too short... 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...