Sunday 5 October 2014

When Britain Went Pop - British Pop Art: The Early Years


"I really don't need any more books on Art right now" I told myself as I left the door. No. Not right now. There are loads to be properly looked at, even read, perhaps. No more on Pop Art, that's for sure. I have quite a few of those...

An hour later, what's looking at me from the second-hand shop window like a puppy begging to be chosen in a dog's home? This. Well, no harm in having a look. I climbed on the footstool and got it myself. Mmmm...ooooh...yes!

Well, it was irresistible and had some work I'd not seen before, so...

Produced by Christies. You can flick through the whole thing at their site on this page. That's good, but not as good as having the book, of course...







Ken Russell made a great film for Monitor in 1962, featuring some Pop Art stars doing Pop things like twisting, watching wrestling and playing a pinball machine.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...