Monday 1 February 2010

Things...

It strikes me that some things aren’t mentioned enough...so here’s a ‘thing’...

It’s an example of some of the greatest music ever made.

This is supposed to be ‘ONE OF THE MOST PRECIOUS, FORWARD-THINKING COLLECTIONS OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC EVER MADE’ (Boomkat)...



...which just goes to prove (as if further proof were needed) that we frequently hear things differently from each other. I’m no techno ignoramus, but I can’t hear what’s so special about this collection. There are some good minimal bangin’ tracks but the ‘art’ of the looped riff in evidence elsewhere is one that drives me nuts. And, well, if this kind of ‘minimalism’ means as much as it’s supposed to...I’ll stick with...


...which may or may not be a fair comparison.

A quick online chat with someone about the digital ‘community’ reminded me that ‘chatting’ online serves less to create a connection with like-minded souls than reinforce the distance I feel between myself and like-minded souls...


That looks like the author playing (posing with, at least) the trumpet. Here’s a man who could really play one. Any excuse to post this track...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...