Friday 10 June 2016

Giulio Aldinucci / Moon Ra - Mutus Liber


Mutus Liber cover art

They were playing Fela Kuti in the coffee shop this morning - that livened me up, as did the caffeine, of course, but both 'ups' were then altered by listening to Mutus Liber, which didn't bring me down, but rather channelled my mood in another direction which I'll call 'sideways' since I'm reducing mood direction to simplistic alternatives when, actually, we know moods can go off in all tangents and at different degrees....

...how the MP3 player has enhanced our listening - hasn't it? I've spoken of that before so I won't here - but Giulio Aldinucci's Vocal Prism sounded special today, shot straight into my brain, before the builders on the big site nearby starting making their contribution to the location's soundtrack and rendering appreciation of this music impossible - this music being artfully textured, ever-evolving, part classic space-age, part offworld drone and, I might add, not dissimilar in places to sounds made by some of the building site machinery...

...two sides here, each unique in character but unified in their careful appliance of science, from serenity to shrieking strings contrasted with bowed cello, wavering drones too, offset by bubbling mechanics - and ecstatic strings (Cloud After Cloud) ascending orchestral euphoria...lots to tune in to so have a listen...


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...