Wednesday 23 March 2016

In a Godless universe of nothingness...


4.30am taking a piss it struck me, the absurdity of God - really - probably because of the Brussels attacks and the people who will be 'praying for them', the corpses, friends, relatives, even the bombers in some cases - that's what made me think of God this morning - Him - they even talk as if it's a man and none of the religious women question it, or perhaps the 'radical' ones do - I was going to say 'radical thinkers' but 'religious thinkers' is an oxymoron.............................

................................................so there he is, big beard an' all, the big man as depicted in renaissance art, that's him, judge, jury....guardian of his flock? Er. The one who they pray to when bad things happen - it's a bit late! He allowed it to happen - but he moves in mysterious ways, eh? Which means any shit can happen, even bad shit, to good people! Suppose he's not a man but an entity, a force, an alternate form of 'life'? What. I dunno. A thing...'up there'...people believe that shit then laugh at the idea of UFOs and aliens.

'I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live as if there isn't and to die to find out that there is.' Albert Camus

Was that a joke? Irony? What? No doubt Albert was too clever for me to be able to untangle/dissect what he meant. To live with faith and die to find it was all false would surely be a downer. But then, once dead, you can't be 'down', can you? Especially if there's no God, therefore no afterlife. You realise nothing. I'll live as if there is no God and be surprised should He greet me when I'm dead: "Oh, hello, I didn't think you existed, nice to meet you. Please don't send me to Hell because an eternity of listening to Coldplay would be a fate worse than death in a Godless universe of nothingness!"

Here's a brilliant film, despite only being available here as a VHS rip, Visconti's adaptation of Albert Camus' The Outsider, or The Stranger...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...