Wednesday 15 July 2015

The Music Has Died - Shock!



"Music has officially died", according to Sinead O'Connor, who isn't happy with Rolling Stone for featuring Kim Kardashian. Ah, Sinead...never mind...what are you doing looking to Rolling Stone for your musical coverage? You should be reading Include Me Out...ha-ha! But really, does she think that what Rolling Stone says or does actually matters? I like that she said "What is this cunt doing on the cover of Rolling Stone?", though. That made me laugh. 
She also said "Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh can no longer be expected to take all the blame. Bob Dylan must be fucking horrified." Er, well, who's seriously blaming Cowell and Walsh? For what? Providing light entertainment and giving the numbskulls what they obviously crave? If they didn't exist, would the idiots be listening to Black Mountain Transmitter? You may as well moan about snow in the Arctic as bleat about musical talent contests...it's a square world, now enjoy your own. I know, it's good to get things off your chest. Or in the case of Kim Kardashian, have things on your chest...two big things...which are presumably one the reasons she's so popular with airheads. 
I dunno...that world, her world, the world of those who care what the hell she does is a million miles from mine. In mine, 'the music' died decades ago, if Sinead means the kind covered by Rolling Stone. Suge Knight? Mumford & Sons? Eh? I know Rolling Stone had a reputation for in-depth reporting and, you know, good writing by the likes of Lester Bangs. Unlike Elton, I'm not old enough, quite, to remember when Rock was young, but when I was young I did listen to Led Zeppelin's new album enthusiastically. I read Melody Maker, not Rolling Stone. I've never read Rolling Stone. Or bought anything by Sinead O'Connor. I don't think she's read anything by me either. So we're equal.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...