Friday 20 February 2015

Baroom! Levon Vincent, BKCLX v The Revenant Sea


RT 2015

Music overload? I listen to more than is good for me, probably, because, you know how it is, the sound of the streets are all well and good, people even buy them as field recordings, but the sound of silence, except when I go to bed, cannot match music, unless I make the effort and sit, listening to what isn't music...like now...
the hum of the hard drive...
next door's dog yapping...
a van door slamming...
car passing...
seagulls...(in the city? It's true, we've a lot 'round here. They scavenge at the recycling centre half a mile away).

So anyway, I was never a great fan of House music, though a little of the 'deep' stuff would please occasionally. I'm still not one for the same 4/4 beat that goes on and on and on...but this, by Levon Vincent, is good....



And this by BKCLX v The Revenant Sea, which you won't listen to all the way through here, but trust me, it's a thoroughly sound fusion of spectral stereophonics and a thumping beat, which goes to show you can have the best of both worlds....plus a beautiful drift of classical piano...top marks...and it's free on Bandcamp...




Now, before cooking dinner, I'm going to enjoy the sound of things that aren't music...and no, I don't mean something by Stockhausen...bye-bye...and thanks for calling in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...