Friday 30 January 2015

Hello, Come In, Have A Look Around...


Oh, it's you! Hello, come in, excuse the dressing gown and slippers but I was relaxing in my parlour with an opium pipe and the complete works of Thomas De Quincey. Yes, go in that room...

What? David Goodis? Yes, I haven't read it yet but had to buy it when I found it second-hand. Cut Up! is the one I'm in, three pieces. It's a great collection


Have you read Paul Morley's book? It's very good, in parts, the parts where he lists music...and talks about music writing...I like him. He should do more TV. He was always good on The Culture Show. I know, they scrapped it...no room for cultural discussion on the box, these days...


...The Liberation Of Sound is excellent, a great primer...I always pick up old books on electronic music, though you don't see many...






Ha-ha! No, I didn't put anything in your coffee, honest...


The William Burroughs word hoard...yes......I inspired someone to start reading him recently but I fear she'll make the mistake of trying to read Nova Express cover-to-cover...I always suggest dipping in, a few pages at a time, especially for beginners...otherwise they flee in terror...unable to comprehend what the hell they're looking at...best to read some sort of guide first...or at the same time...


David Thomson's good...I've got many tips from him...what I like about that is how concise he it, but it's a personal point of view...he makes interesting points without being a film buff bore...the Claude Chabrol collections are brilliant, by the way...no, you can't borrow them...


...yes, the Demy box is a treasure...that's one I'll keep for as long as I live...I should water that plant...LJ's always reminding me...'Plant killer' she calls me...she's right... 


...still, I do play them music...that's supposed to be good for them, isn't it? Or is that just hippy shit...probably...not much vinyl left now...that's the Jazz section...


...oh, OK, nice to see you. Pop 'round again sometime...hold on! No, it's all right...I just...thought my Olympia Press copy of The Ticket That Exploded was missing....no, I didn't think you'd stolen it - of course not! I just...couldn't see it for a minute and panicked...goodbye...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...