Monday 22 December 2014

Carry On Blogging / Chocolates As Class Signifiers / Chuck Jackson / Roxy Music Book


It's the silly season...so.......let's Carry On Blogging.....shall we? Would that make a decent addition the Carry On series?
"Ooooh, what a long post!"
"He's Googled 'imself again!"
"I thought he was walking a bit funny!"
etc
Maybe not............

Soon be Christmas...the Quality Street tin's virtually empty already...only the toxic strawberry ones left...it's a true mark of the proletariat to have a box of QS and not some posh selection from Hotel Chocolat or Waitrose, innit? The Hotel Chocolat selection is unopened...saving it for...I dunno what. The fact that both are in the flat prove that I'm still in touch with my roots yet have also broken free of their restraints and aspired to something more refined, don't you think? The sociological significance of chocolates...

Here's some music. The clip features Burt Bacharach, who wrote it, tinkling the organ. It's not a cheery Christmas tune but...you know...it is brilliant...



If you still need to buy a Christmas present for the one you love (bit late, isn't it?) I recommend Roxy - The Band That Invented An Era by Michael Bracewell, which I only recently started reading. Damned good if you're interested in the roots of the Pop Art scene in the UK, the Richard Hamilton / Bryan Ferry connection and all that. Bracewell's a smart cookie and writes well.


See how I top 'n' tailed this post with Pop Art? Yes, that's a Paolozzi sculpture some idiot's standing in front of in the top picture. Sorry, perhaps you recognised it. I don't mean to patronise....honest...it's just that you never know who knows what, do you? Thanks for reading Include Me Out. I like to imagine that I'm not always talking to myself. Over Christmas I shall carry on blogging...because...


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...