Wednesday 1 October 2014

I Just Dropped By To Say Hello / Jack Kerouac On Facebook


...........................................the what? I dunno. Oh, hello. Who are you? You're a friend? Are you? 

He had over 1,000 Facebook friends.........................................he'd even met three of them - in the flesh!

............................

"The only people for me are the Facebook ones, the ones who are mad to share pictures of cats, mad to talk nonsense, mad to be on Facebook, desirous of 'likes', the ones who never say a meaningful thing, but 'like', 'like', 'like' like fabulous virtual friends exploding like spiders across the internet." - Jack Kerouac....if he was alive today.......................................................................?

I just dropped by to say "Hello", to myself. It's good to talk, to yourself. You get to understand what you're thinking..............sometimes. Sometimes you don't. Understand, that is. Sometimes the person in your head is telling you something you really do not understand...................you wonder what they're going on about.......you wish they'd be quiet, but they never are. They sing you songs you don't want to hear. They tell you truths you don't want to hear. They tell you to do things that are good for you but you ignore them. Sometimes you ignore the bad things they tell you to do too........................

..........................who is that in the mirror................................................................................?

I'll start again.

Hello.

I have nothing to say.

Except to ask......................
...........................................Is this not one of the greatest songs ever written, sung by one of the greatest ballad singers?

'Nothing special that I want to say,
I just came to pass the time of day.
I've told my heart it mustn't show,
I just dropped by to say hello.'

Well don't let me bore you any more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...