Tuesday 16 September 2014

Collage Throat-Cutting / Funkenstein / Fanzine


(attention-grabbing opening line alert!)

I cut someone's throat today by mistake, of course. I'd cut him out, flipped him over, thrown him on the pile of cut out images and carried on cutting. Then I returned to the pile and started cutting what turned out to be the flip side of the man I wanted to keep in one piece. I sliced straight across his throat. I can patch him back together, though, Frankenstein-style. What is collage but the act of Frankenstein-like artists? Some of us make what some might consider to be monsters. Some make pretty things. 


From Frankenstein to Funkenstein, who else but Parliament...



If you want to hear and see me blathering on about Art look at this. It's only a short film. An impromptu interview. Upon seeing it a friend said chewing gum was very Punk. Perhaps he's right. Whilst, unlike some, I don't believe Punk 'changed the world' it did reinvigorate a creative side of me to the extent that I started a fanzine (didn't we all?). In the early-90s I created one that ran for longer (i.e. more than one issue) I put more into it. There seemed to be a zine revival, of sorts. Here's the cover of issue no.4... 


Thanks for dropping by. If you like what you see, keep it to yourself. That way Include Me Out will remain your special secret and I won't feel under any pressure to perform when it's just for you and me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...