The Man, Machine and Motion moved from the Hatton Gallery in Newcastle to London's Institute of Contemporary Arts in 1955. It was the second show to be organised by Hamilton as part of the Independent Group.
'Man has realized an aspiration which lies deeper than thought, the longing for a power with no natural limits; he finds himself in real life the super-human inhabitant of his dearest fantasy'
(L. Gowing and R. Hamilton, 'Man, Machine and Motion')
Richard Hamilton panels for the show. Screenprints on formica.