Thursday 13 January 2011

Emotional Transference With Hemingway



Must calm down having wasted an hour trying to get the CD recorder to work properly and it didn’t so I ate some chocolate which, as you know, is supposed to release the same chemicals we get when we feel ‘love’ or something but I’m not currently feeling love for that damned machine....want to smash it into pieces because I was hoping to put together a compilation so extraordinary that it would blow the minds of the lucky recipients...but it wouldn’t, of course, because everyone’s mind have been blown long ago and we’re all cynically weary of everything....which is not true, merely a reflection of the effect rebellious technology has had on my brain...

....pause...

...and the irony, dear reader, is that the only thing it would record was the opening track, a sample of Bill saying ‘Is this machine recording?’ – can you believe that? Bill’s magickal power still exerts itself from beyond the grave...enough to jinx my efforts...and I tell myself he was telling me something...namely that I would waste the next hour if I persisted...

...13 days into the new year and I seem incapable of kick-starting the creative juices...but you can’t kick-start juices, can you? A motorbike, yes. Juices, no. Kick-start the motor that is my brain? Maybe. It’s currently still/dead/silent/kaput/idle...whatever...

...so it’s raining again on what feels like a day of total darkness now that it’s actually dark...and the sun seems to be a distant memory....was it Hemingway who said always get the weather in as advice to writers? He also said that if you describe a shotgun hanging on the wall someone had better use it...I think...he was a wise bird, Hemingway, wasn’t he? Full of good advice for writers...like: ‘After a book I am emotionally exhausted. If you are not you have not transferred the emotion completely to the reader.’ Huh. Well, not being an aspiring novelists I can ignore everything he says. Does the same advise apply to blogs, though, I wonder? No, but it could do. And perhaps this is my attempt to transfer my emotion to you, and offload it all....here, have it...

2 comments:

  1. and he looks like such a jolly, kindly gentleman there too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so relaxed considering there's a charging elephant 50 yards behind him...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...