Friday 16 April 2010

It's Madison Time!



Claude wasn't one for shying away from a double dance craze cash-in session, was he? A new arrival into the bunker - no pictures on the 'net so I had to take one - christ, the trouble I go to. Still, as I'm tempted to eBay it this'll come in handy. I'm only mildly tempted though because, well, just look at the cover. And now that I'm listening to their version of 'Take Five' I really don't know if I could part with it, not because they do a fantastic job (although it's decent enough), more because I'm a sucker for that tune. Some of the tracks are pretty good too.  They have 'Twist' or 'Madison' after the titles, just in case buyers were stupid enough not to recognise the difference.
    It's great to hear Ray Bryant's tune played by a big band but I think they take the tempo a little too fast. I mean, I'm no Madison expert but you'd have to move some to fall in with this. Don Draper would never try it but I reckon some of the youngsters in the office would have a go. Pete has already proved his skills at cutting the rug in a 20s style, but I can't see him doing The Madison either. Here's a handy diagram from the back of the sleeve...


The French dance connection...any excuse to post this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...