Thursday 7 January 2010

Report From The Bunker 2



Having written no fiction for months it feels as if my ability construct sentences in that way has diminished...been eroded by...something...lack of use...a part of my brain gone dormant...

If fiction no longer seems possible, is fact all that remains? Perhaps this blog is what remains...and it is all factual, of course...

But how much fact can one endure? Clicking on ‘Next Blog’ leads to pages containing photos of babies...click again and I find myself staring at a middle-aged woman with a back complaint, for which she has kindly provided a diagram to illustrate the problem...the next is written in a language I don’t understand and cannot begin to guess the origin of...with YouTube clips by bands I have never heard of...the next, by a teacher, talks about her family problems...it amazes me how personal people are willing to be...cathartic, I suppose...but do none of her family read the blog too?

Blog Land...a strange country...

Here in The Bunker the sky is blue out the front, whilst grey clouds gather over the back garden...dark, ominous, snow-laden, I presume. A blackbird enjoys the berries on the Pyracantha bush where, this morning, there was a redwing, the first we’ve seen in the garden. We watched it fly off to join a flock scattered throughout the trees at the bottom of the garden...ah yes, wild Camden...

I have come across bird-watching blogs...finding them more interesting than many others I’ve ventured upon by chance but I won’t be adding any to my list of Favourites...

All subjects are bloggable...

I contemplate, briefly, creating one about my fingernails, their growth, condition, cleanliness etc...someone’s probably already beaten me to it...contemplate blog searching ‘fingernails but wonder what the hell is wrong with me...it’s been one of those afternoons...unable to settle into doing anything....watched the start of ‘Apocalypto’ because someone leant it to me...but didn’t like the banter between the natives, although I’m sure ancient civilisations shared a joke or two...

Watched the start of the ‘Solaris’ remake...not bad, to my surprise...recall hearing, whilst we were there, that Clooney has a place on Lake Como...dream of a summer holiday...



Check my Amazon account to make sure no-one has bought what I’m selling because yesterday I was notified by the company that I was late sending a CD someone had bought...which I’d forgotten was even on there...but the sale did inspire me to put more stuff up for sale, that being my first I dream of a lucrative business but know full well the price the average book fetches and that I would have to sell a lot to make it worthwhile...

Contemplate selling loads of books...even more than currently sit in the two shopping bags on the floor bound for the s/h shop when I can be bothered...

Buying books is a habit; a bad one? If only they took as long to read as a film takes to watch...

Listen to Autechre’s ‘Quaristice’ album...on the headphones...and realise that they’re quite unique in the world of electronic music...and feel slightly stupid because people have been saying how good they are for years, although I’ve never fully got into them...wonder how many more artists I will ‘get’ when they’ve been producing music for years...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...